The Political Science Undergraduate Review is a peer-reviewed journal that publishes scholarly work done by University of Alberta undergraduates in the field of political science. We have two objectives: to give undergraduate students a chance to have their scholarly work published and recognized and to involve students in the process of peer-review. Our mission is to publish twice a year, once in the Fall Term and again in the Winter. This gives students the opportunity to publish some of their written work, which can be a beneficial asset when applying to grad school or future job opportunities.
Submissions for the Winter 2017 edition of the Political Science Undergraduate Review will open in September and CLOSE MARCH 10, 2017.
How to Submit
- As the papers we receive will have primarily been submitted for a class assignment, we ask that you take any feedback given from professors and incorporate that into your submitted work.
- Ensure that your paper conforms to all the requirements under the Author Guidelines.
- Ensure that all papers conform to the requirements listed under Formatting.
- Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must include: name, course it was submitted for, and the grade received.
- Papers must have received a grade of A- or higher.
- The subject matter must be relevant to Political Science.
- Submitted papers should be between 1000-5000 words in length.
- Articles must be accompanied by a short abstract (between 150-200 words in length) that gives a brief description of what the paper is about.
- Although the papers may have been written for a specific class, consider providing more information that may be relevant to readers of a larger academic audience if necessary. This may include explaining specific details or adding to the introduction of the paper.
- Papers must have been written for a Political Science undergraduate class at the University of Alberta.
- Submissions must be the author’s own original work and should not have been previously published.
- Submissions should be formatted as either .doc or .rtf (no PDFs).
- Single spaced, 12 point Times New Roman font.
- Use a space in between paragraphs.
- Use 2.54 cm margins (1 inch) on all sides.
- Use Canadian spelling.
- All articles MUST be properly cited.
- Remove any sort of personal identifiers (name, ID #, etc.) in order to ensure a blind review process.
- Do not include page numbers on submissions.
The names and email address entered for the journal will be used exclusively for the stated purpose of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication.
- uthors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work with an acknowledgement of its initial publication to this journal.
The Political Science Undergraduate Review is not responsible or liable for papers that contain elements of being plagiarized. The liability rests with the author of that particular paper and by submitting a paper, the author consents to this statement.
Political Science Undergraduate Review Publication Team
Cole Goshulak - PSUA VP Academic - Managing Editor
Dr. Steve Patten - Political Science Faculty Liaison
Alexandria Hammond - Submissions Editor
Shane Scott - Submissions Editor
Heather Taskey - Compilation Coordinator
Are Hamor - Submissions Editor
Rhiannon Howell-Matwichuk - Submissions Editor
If you are interested in getting involved, consider applying for one of the following positions at the next uptake of volunteers. Email email@example.com
Submissions Editor: Submissions Editors will be responsible for selecting which papers are selected, including proof-reading and quality insurance. Additionally, the SE will group submissions into common themes and order the papers in a fashion that flows and makes sense in the context of an academic journal.
Compilation Coordinator: The Compilation Coordinator will format the submissions, develop a cover, and make the PSUR presentable and ready for print.
Distribution Manager: DMs organize the printing and selling of the PSUR.
If you have any questions about the PSUR please email Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.